The stresses, questions and concerns about being a first time mom with newborns seem to be so long gone, although it was really only months ago. Now I have to start considering homeschooling programs, extracurricular activities and socialization for these practically already adult kids. (How young is too young for a kid to appreciate a guinea pig???) I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but the last 14 months have gone by so quickly that it may only feel like a couple of days before the boys are 14 years old.
7 a.m. - Wake up
7:30 a.m. - Milk sippy cups, fruit loops and watching Jungle Junction on the Disney channel... that show is so cute!
9 a.m. - Breakfast
11 a.m. - Nap #1
1:30 p.m. - Lunch
3:15 p.m. - Nap #2 - this is a cat nap because we are turning into toddlers!
5 p.m. - Dinner
7 p.m. - Bath, pajamas, milk sippy cup and bedtime snack (1/2 a banana)
7:30 - BED!
There's so much flexibility in their schedule now that we're not tied to an every 3 hour rotation. But this is generally how it goes down still. I think toddlers thrive on consistency. And I know I thrive on consistency --- errr, well, I technically thrive on productivity. But it's hard being productive at home with toddlers. So consistency it is. Yes, I thrive on consistency. So it works for all 3 of us.
Where we are now:
- We are masters at finding something Mom needs to baby-proof on a daily basis. Our most recent adventures include trying to turn door knobs and locks.
- We respond to commands such as "Bring me your shoes." Sometimes they match, sometimes they don't.
- They are excellent little eaters, most days! Favorite foods currently include: sweet potatoes, blueberries and strawberries.
- I lost count of the number of teeth... but Oliver has at least one molar in there now!
- We have most of our consonants figured out, we just haven't put together any words yet.
|We started taking daily nature walks|
|As well as trips to the park weekly|
|Oliver looks like he has made a horrible mistake|
|Emmett will pick ALL THE DANDELIONS|
|We got our first hair cuts!|
|So we look just like Mr. Dad|
|We went to the Baltimore Zoo and saw the giraffes!|
|First zoo trip and we were perfect angels|
|We sleep just like Mom!|
|Mom and Dad took us to Chick-fil-a for the first time...|
|...we loved it!|
|We learned to stack things - and we love to play with anything. Bonus points if it's not a baby toy!|
|We made our first pieces of art work... Mom had to keep us from eating the crayons though.|
|And we got in the swimmie pool for the first time!|