Monday, June 23, 2014

3 Awesome Baby Shower Gifts

Follow me on Pinterest for ALL THINGS BABY

I did not even realize these items existed until I received them as gifts but oh.em.gee are they awesome! When I was putting together my baby registry, it was overwhelming. Like so overwhelming that at least twice I broke down crying in Target and Andy had to comfort me all the way home (seriously.) As a first time mom, I had no idea what I would need or even what kind of baby items existed. I am so grateful to my friends and family who gifted these items to us because they have become some of our favorites! These items are ah-maz-ing. Like 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep amazing. Like not having to share your dessert with anyone amazing. Like... okay, I'll chill. Here's the list. 

1. Summer Infant SwaddleMe Swaddlers. My babies loved to be swaddled like I love to eat. So, a lot. These come in cute colors and patterns. They velcro-close in all the right places to get a snug fit. They're easy to use and saved me a lot of time at night since I didn't have to re-swaddle anyone. When my babies started to roll, I cried. I did not want to be done using these swaddles. Pair these swaddles with some pacifiers, a book and some lavender lotion and call it a "Sleepy time kit." Or be more creative than I am, that's fine too.
2. Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing. This is not your average baby swing. It's like a super deluxe baby swing on crack. You can just forget all other swings. We purchased one off of a Facebook yard sale group for only $30 and my cousin gave us a hand-me-down one for free. It is a big ticket item, so put one on your registry and hope for a generous gift-giver or two! This swing goes in 2 directions, has a mirror-type thing that baby can see his reflection in and a moving mobile. It runs on D batteries but they last a good, long time. The neutral color fits in perfectly with our living room, too! (Side note: I am obsessed with the idea of baby things not taking over our house... three months down still holding strong!)


Look at that face!
3. Wubbanub - the hug-able pacifier! This is BY FAR my favorite baby item EVER. There is nothing more annoying than giving your baby a pacifier, going downstairs and before your feet even make it to the bottom stair, hearing your baby crying because his bink fell out. Again. And again. And again. Times two, if you have twins-ies! At first, we had to tuck the pacifier into their blankets or arms to help them keep a hold of it, but now at 13 weeks they can hug the stuffed animal themselves. And they come in so. many. animals. We have the blue dinosaur and a patterned monkey.

The only down side I have heard (but not experienced) for this product is that some of the animals do not lay as nicely against baby... particularly the elephant because his trunk gets in the way. Oh and did I mention??? It is nearly impossible to lose them because they are attached to the stuffed animal! Someone needs to give the inventor of these things a medal or the Noble Peace Prize.

So the moral of this story is, if you do not get these items as baby shower gifts - go buy them IMMEDIATELY.

If you have a favorite baby item, do you gift it to new mothers? What's your go-to awesome baby shower gift??

**Disclosure statement

9 comments:

  1. Your baby shower gift ideas are great. I will consider getting one of those when I go to another baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Wubbanub paired with the swaddlers tends to be my go-to gift! What new Mom wouldn't want an infant-sleep-package gift???

      Delete
  2. Your registry items are great and my Wubbanub - the hug-able pacifier is my favorite. If you're still available for suggestion/s please add thermometer as well. Have great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a thermometer! I actually just put one on the boys' Christmas list :-)

      Delete
  3. If your baby is like my baby, then she will love to throw her sippy cup on the floor once she gets to the "high chair phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there are three awesome baby shower. Many many thanks for post this. I hope in future you post similar article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this swing looks awesome! Thank's for sharing lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had baby swing on mine, the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This swing was really good. I also have used the past. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete