Wednesday, November 26, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday - Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing.

Get the full recipe (and more beautiful photos!) here!
It's been a while since I posted about food! I still love food (more than most things in life) but I've realized I just generally suck at photographing food. If I posted the photos of recipes I've made over the last few months, chances are no one would want to try to recreate that. Sometimes my food looks like a hot mess (along with my kitchen) but the food is always good!

When I came across this recipe on Pinterest (insert your best *gasp* and shocked expression here) I may or may not have literally started salivating. This recipe appeared to be super easy and super dooper right up my alley.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because food. Yup, because FOOD. Christmas is all fine and dandy, spending time with family and celebrating the holidays and whatnot. But Christmas comes with strings attached - buying presents, wrapping, remembering to bring presents, etc. My birthday is great because it's all about me (and usually includes food from a restaurant of my choice.) BUT THANKSGIVING. It's all about that food, bout that food, food, food.

Now that I realize how easy it is to make this Crockpot knock-off Thanksgiving dinner, I can have my favorite food year round. It's a combination of perfectly cooked, shredded chicken (you could use turkey if you're into authentic turkey-day meals!) perfectly moist and seasoned stuffing and green bean casserole. Make up a batch of instant mashed potatoes or some sweet potatoes and you literally have Turkey Day food in less than 15 minutes.

Swing on over to this site for the full recipe and thank Jennifer from iSave A to Z for this perfect recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment