Chicken, sweet potato, red pepper, apple, brown rice puree.
That's quite a mouthful. Someone come up with a creative name for this deluxe combo! Leave a comment with your suggestion... k thanks!
- 1 lb thawed chicken breast in chunks
- 3 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large, sweet apple, in chunks/slices
- 2 red peppers in chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (do not add to Crock-pot)
- Optional seasonings - small amount of salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic, Caribbean Jerk seasoning, go crazy! ... don't really go crazy, though. This is still baby food.
Throw all ingredients, minus the brown rice, into the Crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Once everything is cooked thoroughly, puree in batches, adding some of the brown rice. Store in airtight containers for 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze.
Optional: Once you have made smaller batches of this food, try combining new spices that your baby may not have tried yet. We will be adding cumin, black pepper and Caribbean Jerk seasoning in small amounts to see if the boys like spice!