|Follow Oh.em.gee it's Nikkie on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!|
This recipe goes along with my meal planning week of breakfast for dinner recipes. It was a hit in our household - Andy has requested it multiple times since then! This breakfast pizza is super easy to make and is filling and (somewhat) nutritious. And, of course, I had to go and throw my own little curve ball at this recipe - sausage gravy as the "sauce." I do not regret that decision at all!
I used to have these little pre-made breakfast pizza things that you would heat up in the toaster oven when I was in school. The calories and fat in those things - my God! After I read the nutritional information, I stopped eating them - typical high school girl, what else would you expect? This recipe is probably a bit healthier for you because: 1. It's homemade. 2. It uses turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. 3. SO MUCH LESS SODIUM. As you know, we're big on cutting back on sodium in this household.
Breakfast Pizza (serves 4)
- Sausage Gravy - about a cup... follow this recipe but use non-fat milk and reduced fat meat. Serve it with biscuits earlier in the week and save the leftovers for this recipe (or freeze leftovers!)
- 1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 ounces turkey bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
1. Fully cook and crumble turkey bacon. Set aside. Scramble 4 eggs, adding salt and pepper if you usually do. We do not. Microwave leftover sausage gravy until warm.
|This would be delicious baked alone... no need for the extras!|
2. Roll out pizza dough. Spread sausage gravy over dough. Evenly coat with bacon, scrambled eggs and top with cheeses. Bake in a 350 degree oven for the length of time noted on the pizza dough container. Seriously it's that easy.
|I did mention that this serves 4... people with unusually large appetites, that is!|