Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday - Breakfast Pizza


Follow Oh.em.gee it's Nikkie on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!

This recipe goes along with my meal planning week of breakfast for dinner recipes. It was a hit in our household - Andy has requested it multiple times since then! This breakfast pizza is super easy to make and is filling and (somewhat) nutritious. And, of course, I had to go and throw my own little curve ball at this recipe - sausage gravy as the "sauce." I do not regret that decision at all!

I used to have these little pre-made breakfast pizza things that you would heat up in the toaster oven when I was in school. The calories and fat in those things - my God! After I read the nutritional information, I stopped eating them - typical high school girl, what else would you expect? This recipe is probably a bit healthier for you because: 1. It's homemade. 2. It uses turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. 3. SO MUCH LESS SODIUM. As you know, we're big on cutting back on sodium in this household.

Breakfast Pizza (serves 4)

Ingredients:

  • Sausage Gravy - about a cup... follow this recipe but use non-fat milk and reduced fat meat. Serve it with biscuits earlier in the week and save the leftovers for this recipe (or freeze leftovers!)
  • 1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough
  • 12 ounces turkey bacon
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar

Instructions:

1. Fully cook and crumble turkey bacon. Set aside. Scramble 4 eggs, adding salt and pepper if you usually do. We do not. Microwave leftover sausage gravy until warm.

This would be delicious baked alone... no need for the extras!


2. Roll out pizza dough. Spread sausage gravy over dough. Evenly coat with bacon, scrambled eggs and top with cheeses. Bake in a 350 degree oven for the length of time noted on the pizza dough container. Seriously it's that easy.

I did mention that this serves 4... people with unusually large appetites, that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment