Saturday, January 31, 2015

5 facts about me

 I've been seeing a lot of bloggers recently take a break from their usual vaccination debates, Pinterest inspired projects and new parenting stories and do a piece that's more personal. And about them. It seems like bloggers like to live anonymous lives, yet they have to balance their anonymity with being likeable and relate-able to their readers. So they write a 5 (3, 10, 20?) Facts About Me post. Here goes...

1. Pumpkin anything makes me nauseous. It used to be one of my absolute favorite foods/flavors. Unfortunately (yet, fortunately?) I was a little bit pregnant with the twinsies around September and October - Pumpkin season. I ate and drank so much pumpkin stuff that I don't know if I will ever be able to love it again. 10 months post-babies and I can't so much as smell pumpkin scented Febreeze without getting nauseous. Lame.

2. I'm introverted AND anti-social. Lots of introverts are just that, introverted. They don't dislike social interactions, they just need them in small amounts and on their terms. I am both. I get distressed when I have some sort of social activity outside of work and family that I am forced to participate in. Greatly distressed. If I could stay home and read books for a year without seeing anyone but my family... I would do it. No questions asked.

3. I don't function without iced coffee. I started working at Starbucks 10 years ago this year (yes, we're talking 2005!) and ever since I started drinking caffeinated beverages there during early-morning shifts, I actually can't function without my iced coffee in the morning. Every morning. Yes, I drank it daily while pregnant. You gotta do what you gotta do.

4. Until about 3 years ago, I had decided that I never wanted kids. And then one morning I woke up and wanted A kid. One kid. It took me nearly 2 years to convince Andy that he wanted A kid. ONE kid. And now we have two! Best BOGO free ever!

5. I don't finish TV series. We have Netflix and we watch a lot of TV series. Most recently, we "finished" How I Met Your Mother. But by "finished" I mean, we watched all of the episodes except for the last one. I don't want to know how it ends - it would ruin it for me. The same way reading epilogues ruin the entire book for me. Harry Potter? Epilogue ruined it - as best as you can "ruin" that gift-from-God series. 50 Shades of Grey (yes, I read it.) Decent, until the freaking epilogue. I watched all of Monk, except for the last episode and I am at peace with that. Dexter? That show was awesome. Andy made me watch the last episode and now it's ruined.

So there. What do you think? Do you feel me on any of these?



No comments:

Post a Comment