Once again I am more surprised than you at how much has happened in the last 6 weeks since the last post about the boys. It feels like they are growing up faster than any other babies on the planet. I mean, how many 10-month-old babies actually walk? I know it's within the normal time frame but it just seems... so early!
Since the last post, we have changed schedules several times. We flip flop back and forth between being 2-nap a day babies and 1-nap a day babies (I prefer 2 naps!) and whether we are drinking 4 or 5 bottles a day. These kids can definitely tell me what they want and when they want it at this point. Which is good and bad. Good because I know what they want/need and bad because... well, sometimes that just doesn't work for me.
In the last 6 weeks we have been through (and survived!) numerous injuries from walking and exploring the environment... and grabbing cats... sleep regressions, nap regressions and moving to a new house. It's been tough and I do not recommend moving with small children if you can avoid it.
7 a.m. - Wake up
8 a.m. - Bottle #1
9 a.m. - Finger food breakfast and sippy cup
9:30 - 11:30 - There's a nap in there somewhere...
12 p.m. - Bottle #2
1:30 p.m. - Finger food lunch and sippy cup
2:30 - Nap #2, which sometimes Emmett declines adamantly
4 p.m. - Bottle #4
5:30 - Family dinner
6:15 p.m. - Purees (only once a day now!)
6:45 p.m. - Start bedtime routine
7:15 p.m. - Bottle #4 and bed!
Where we are now:
- We WALK!
- We try to RUN... doesn't usually work out too well
- We help mom change our own diapers... and each others'
- We are growing 2 top teeth- they're just barely poking through
- We climb over and under everything.
- We babble all of the time. Both babies say DaDa. Emmett says MaMa.
- We use sippy cups with straws like professional babies
- We eat real people food. Our current favorites are toast with hummus or peanut butter and jelly, peas, butternut squash and BLACK BEANS. Those things are like candy.
What we are working on:
- More sounds - ma, ba, ga, ta... kitty kitty, tini, nana, want...
- Waving Hi and Bye
- We can take things out of containers, but we want to work on putting things back in!
- Putting wooden toys on their pegs (Emmett has done a few times but not consistently)
- Weaning down on the bottles and onto milk, juice, water
- Weaning down on purees. We're down to only at dinner now. Almost done!
See you next time for our 1 YEAR OLD update!