Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday - Buffalo Chicken Salad

 Buffalo... Chicken. Salad! It's what's for dinner.
I like to make at least one salad a week for dinner. Because it's healthy. Because it's maybe the only vegetables I will get Andy to eat all week. Mostly because I personally love salads - really good salads! I also love buffalo chicken... anything - dip, sandwiches, wraps, pasta  - if it's buffalo chicken flavored, I'll eat it. Probably. Let's not get carried away here. Here is my recipe for an easy buffalo chicken salad. Do the prep work once on Sunday and you can eat it for lunch every day for a week! 

 Buffalo Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

  • 4 Breaded chicken tenders - we use Tyson brand
  • 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
  • 1 head of Romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Handful of cherry tomatoes
  • Blue cheese crumbles
  • Blue cheese or ranch dressing
  • Croutons (optional)

Instructions:

1. Chop, rinse and dry lettuce. Using a salad spinner is super helpful and I think it keeps our leftover lettuce fresher for longer.

Why yes, we do buy our hot sauce by the gallon.


2. Place chicken tenders on a lined toaster oven tray or baking sheet (we use the toaster oven for this... I think it's faster!) Spread hot sauce on top side and bake using instructions on the bag for about 1/2 of the time. Flip half way and spread other side of the tenders with the hot sauce. Cook until outside is crisp. Let cool for a few minutes and then give them a rough chop.

3. Assemble your salad - lettuce, mozzarella cheese, diced or halved cherry tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, chopped buffalo chicken. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing on top or on the side, if you're like me.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment