Jen recently asked me for a banana bread recipe and she sure did ask the right person. I must have given her 10 different choices in a matter of 2 minutes via text, facebook and Pinterest but she ultimately chose this one and look how beautiful her banana bread turned out!
|Pin it! And follow Oh.em.gee it's Nikkie on Pinterest|
I introduce to you the ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium) --- make sure these are very ripe, with brown spots on them!
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease a bread pan with a small amount of olive or vegetable oil or nonstick spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder in salt in a medium bowl. Combine using a hand mixer: bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil, and egg in a small bowl. Add this mixture to dry ingredients and still until just moistened.
2. Stir in most of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into bread pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips... you can also add chopped nuts if you want to be extra fancy!
3. Bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool somewhat before you dig in because those melted chocolate chips will burn holes in your tongue if you don't! Serve slightly warm with a large glass of milk. Enjoy!